Wednesday, November 11, 2009

San Benito coach on MEDIA BOYCOTT but talks to ME


I heard through the grapevine that San Benito head football coach Spencer Gantt is not talking to the media this week. Through the grapevine coach Gantt wants his kids to be focused on Friday's 1st round playoff game against Harlingen High. I decided to call Mr. Gantt tonight and I was surprised that coach picked up the phone. Although he won't let me speak to the players I reminded him that the last time I interviewed the team the Greyhounds crushed Los Fresnos 52-27. That's the fist district loss for Los Fresnos since 2005. I guess superstition is powerful as our conversation didn't end. I did mention that during the Los Fresnos week coach Gantt said quote, "to be the best you have to beat the best," end quote. He laughed. Before the end of our conversation coach Gantt also said quote, "Darren you can interview Harlingen during your live shot before the game but after you better interview me" end quote. I guess that means he expects San Benito to upset Harlingen.

No comments:

Post a Comment