Friday, November 6, 2009

Hanna's Cinderella Story (Male Version)

All I could do is smile watching from the sidelines as Hanna High School wins their first football district championship since 1969 when the school was call Brownsville High. I remember talking to Enrique Saldaña, running back for the Eagles, about winning a district title over the summer. Honestly I thought he was out of his mind. Week after week passed by and I became closer to Saldana and the Hanna football team. I was a witness to these boys in the brown and gold shocking the valley and proving the valley's preseason predictions wrong. I interviewed Angelo Quadalquivir and the first thing he said was "this was a blessing from GOD." For a school to only win 5 games in the last three years I believe Quadalquivir completely. Now the Hanna Eagles are 9-1 and district 32-5a champions. The bad news is Enrique Saldaña did suffer a possible concussion during their final district game. Enrique from a former running back to you a current r.b. do whatever you can to return. Your team didn't look the same without you. Playoffs now baby!!! That's where the men separate from the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment