Friday, December 4, 2009

I want Joique Bell to win the Harlon Hill Trophy

Joique Bell is not only a good friend but he was my teammate. I knew the day he came to play for Wayne State he was a star. Now as a Sportscaster for a CBS station, I can say I've seen a lot of great football players. Joique Bell is different. Most of the time when Joique runs the football I can only look at my best friend and former teammate Floyd Ferjuste and say, "How did he do that." On December 11th the NCAA will announce the 24th Harlon Hill Trophy. The Harlon Hill is giving to the player of the year in division II football. Joique Bell will join junior quarterback Zach Amedro of West Liberty (W.V.) and senior quarterback Nick Graziano of Arkansas Tech University as the three finalist. Although the national voting concluded on November 28th. Joique Bell led the nation in rushing with 2,084 yards on 326 carries and 29 touchdowns. Do the math that's 6.39 yards per carry. That a first down every time Bell carries the ball twice. Who needs the standard four downs when you have Joique Bell. I wish I could add my vote. Amedro and Graziano are great players and I have kept up with their stats throughout the year but Joique Bell is a "MAN CHILD." He plays like a man amongst boys. It's too late for me to vote but I can write who deserves the award. "JOIQUE FOR HARLON HILL!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Great story and he deserves the trophie.. Wishing him Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete